Mr. Karl Mundi
Ms. Judi Jahn
Mrs. Dana Williams
Ms. Angie Carney
8:30 am - 2:50 pm
52 School House Rd.
Oak Ridge, NJ 07438
Fax (973) 697-8623
We hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and safe summer!
Summer reading and math assignments are posted on the district webpage
under the Parents & Students Tab.
10 Ways to Prepare Your Child for Kindergarten
1. Read books every day.
2. Develop fine motor skills: holding a pencil, coloring,cutting with scissors, zipping coats.
3. Print first name with only the first letter capitalized.
4. Learn to follow 2-step instructions: “Please go get your shoes and put them on.”
5. Use good manners: “Please” and “Thank you”
6. Talk about social skills: sharing,taking turns, positive words, talk about handling anger,
7. Help your child take responsibility: clean up messes,dress themselves, get their own snacks.
8. Practice number recognition: Count objects daily.
9. Practice letter and sound recognition: Practice saying the letters and their sounds every day.
10. Build self-esteem. Please help your child often.
Your Kindergarten teachers will be there to support you throughout the year!