2019-2020 Kindergarten Residency Verification
Posted by Mary Judge on 1/16/2019 2:30:00 PM
Kindergarten registration and residency verification for the 2019-20 school year is open. To register your child online, please locate the “Student Registration” tab found under the “Quick Links” section of the district’s homepage and follow to access the “Student Online Registration” link.
Residency verification is held at the Robert F. Drummond Administrative Offices (31 State Route 181) in Lake Hopatcong/Jefferson Township, by appointment. Only those children who will be five years of age before October 1, 2019, will be eligible to enter kindergarten in September 2019. No exceptions will be made. (Please refer to District Policy 5112 – Entrance Age for further information.)
To make an appointment or if you have any questions please call (973) 663-5780 ex 5094, between the hours of 7:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Please do not contact the school.
Requirements for all new, incoming students:
- Must be a current resident of Jefferson Township and provide proof of residency at the time of registration and verification. No exceptions will be made.
- Homeowners: Current picture identification along with the most recent mortgage statement, deed to the home, or current tax bill.
- Renters: Current picture identification, along with the current rental/lease agreement and utility bill (cable, electric, etc.).
- Families who live in Jefferson and do not own or rent the property: The homeowner or renter must accompany the parent/guardian to the residency verification appointment. Please see above for documents required for registration.
- Student’s original birth certificate (photocopies will not be accepted).
Families that do not have the necessary and complete documentation will be asked to reschedule.