Middle School Guidance Department
Welcome to the Jefferson Township Middle School Guidance Department website. Our middle school counselors work hard as a member of a team of professionals to create a caring and supportive environment where all students can achieve success. The guidance department offers many services for assisting pupils to adjust to the middle school's organization, courses and activities as well as transitioning toward the next level - high school. Guidance services include:
- individual counseling
- student socialization and orientation
- occupational and educational exploration
- course selection
- developing interpersonal skills
- study skills
We also offer "guidance groups" that are designed to directly meet the needs of our students. This carefully planned system of guidance activities have been established so that each pupil will be able to get the most out of his/her middle school years. They are organized by the counselors and the student assistance coordinator and they meet throughout the school year.
Students should feel free to turn to their counselors for information and help concerning personal and school adjustment issues, friendships, academics and even college and career planning.
Parents and guardians are always welcome to contact the school counselors for any reason. I suggest that you contact your child’s school counselor if:
- You feel your child may be having difficulty with a school or personal issue.
- You have questions/concerns about your child’s academic performance.
- You need assistance finding an outside agency for issues that may arise.
- You have questions about high school and post-secondary planning.
- You need information about new student orientation and registration.
We hope our pages will inform you and answer your questions about our guidance programs, activities and support services. Please contact us if there is any way we can help you. Thank you for visiting!
To reach the guidance office, please contact the main office.
Counselor Contact Information: (973) 697-1980NameTitleExtJosephine RamirezSupervisor Student Personnel Svcs5835Siobhan CarrollGrade 6 Counselor5758Oksana RusynkoGrade 7 Counselor5749Kari EllingsenGrade 8 Counselor5752Joanne MartinoStudent Assistance Counselor5717