In order for the Jefferson Township School District to prepare our students of today for tomorrow, we need to provide them with an engaging, personalized curriculum that will inspire and empower them to flourish as ethical and global citizens in the 21st century.
All students have unique needs, abilities, and interests. Educational technology enables students to experience a more personalized curriculum to gain the 21st-century skills necessary to be successful in college and beyond. Our commitment to creating digital learning environments will be evident through our new one to one technology initiative.
With our district goals in mind, promoting student use of instructional technology across the district as we progress through our planning and implementation of this one to one technology initiative will result in a transformation in our learning environments and accelerate student learning.
We look forward to you joining us as partners in this effort and hope you will check this site frequently for updates about the one to one program in the High School.
WHY One to One?
Some of the reasons to pursue a one to one initiative include:
- Equity - providing each student with a device ensures all students have access to high quality, digital resources
- Digital Curriculum - high-quality curriculum resources are quickly moving to electronic delivery
- Personalized Learning - learning environments become student-centered so a student can spend as little or as much time as needed to master content - anytime, anywhere
- 21st Century Skills - digital technologies enable students to communicate and collaborate in an environment in which they are extremely comfortable
- Digital Citizenship - students can learn to utilize technology appropriately and responsibly