Resources for Students and Families:
1. NJ DCF has created a QR code that can be used by providers and others serving youth in online presentations or telehealth. Using any mobile device’s camera, one can ‘capture’ a web address that leads to a poster designed specifically for children, with a list of hotlines and helplines. The QR code is discreet, which allows children to access the information or resources they need to be safe.
2. Navigating Hope, a mobile outreach initiative designed to provide social services, is a partnership between the Morris County Department of Human Services and Family Promise of Morris County. It is a complementary service to the Hope One van, which provides mobile mental health and addiction services across our county. Navigating Hope will offer on-site benefits eligibility screenings and application assistance, as well as linkage to other community services.
3. Please see information below for further assistance:
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
to be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center. Accessible 24/7.
- Performcare-Mobile Response Services: 1-877-652-7624
to help children and youth who are experiencing an emotional or behavioral crisis. Accessible 24/7.
SEVEN NEW ONLINE SUPPORT GROUPS FOR PARENTS AND YOUTH
Family Partners of Morris & Sussex Counties recently announced seven new online support groups in an effort to continue serving families with challenged youth in the midst of Covid-19. Support group descriptions and schedules can be found on the organization’s Facebook page or via the link: Family Partners of Morris and Sussex Counties
4. This is a workbook geared toward elementary aged children to help understand and manange their feelings regarding the
5. On-line support for teens ages 13-17 - Well Being Therapy Center
6. Please see the link below from the National Association for School Psychologists for Parent Resources for talking to children about Coronavirus:
7. This link is a comicbook story that may be useful for some parents:
Family Intervention services a Division of Center for Family, has many programs available at no cost to Morris families that may neeed extra support during this unprecedented time. There are currently opening in the following.
Family Stabilization Program (FSP) - DCP&P contracted program. We provide therapy for 9-12 months to families that have experienced an adoption journey, have experiened trauma related to child abuse/neglect, with resource homes that need support for with vulnerable children being placed in their homes. Talk to the family's DCP&P worker for a referral today!
Family Crisis Intervention Unit (FCIU) - a community referred progra. We provide crisis counseling for 4-12 weeks to families with adolescents between the ages of 11-17 years of age that are at risk of becoming involved with juvenile justice system. (No formal DCP&P or Probation supervision).
Child Outpatient Specialist Services - a CSOC or hospital referred program. We provide therapy for 3-6 months to families with children between the ages of 4-17 years of age that are experiencing challenges with their mental health diagnosis, are at risk of an inpatient hospitalization or have beed evaluated at the emergency room for psychiatric reasons. We can offer medication evauluations and monitoring if the youth is a recipient of Medicaid.
Family Outreach Program (FOP) - a community referred program. We work with families for 3-6 months, with children from 0-18 years old who may be experiencing challenges with parenting skills, communication skills, household structure, and/or are in need of help making connections with community resources.
Funded by FEMA/SAMHSA, the CCP is for anyone who has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Our services are free, confindential, and virtural. Through individual counseling and support groups, we are offering emotional support, guidance, information, referrals, and COVID-19 resources that can help people who have been affected by the pandemic. We can serve anyone from a school age child to an adult, or senior citizen, and we would like to focus on Morris and Essex County residents. My team and I have facilitated psychoeducational trainings/workshops as well.
Here are the links for Adults to receive some opportunities for support and connection:
Holiday Discussion Group - The Crisis Counseling Program (CCP) team provides a safe, confidential, virtual meeting place where people can discuss feelings they may have this very different holiday season. This group meets every Monday from 5 PM - 6 PM.
Click here to join: Holiday Discussion Group or Dial 1-929-205-6099, Meeting ID: 990 9308 3986 Passcode: 384926
COVID-19 NJ Hope and Healing Support Group - This is a weekly, open, drop-in group for anyone emotionally impacted ty COVID-19. This group meets every Wednesday from 2 PM - 3 PM.
Click here to join: Hope and Healing Support Group or Dial 1-929-205-6099, Meeting ID: 375 100 0264, Passcode: 885185
Morris County Education Partnership Updates. The Education Partneship would like to keep you informed of the resources that are currently available to children and families during this challenging time. Morris County Education Partnership updates.